[rabbitmq-discuss] Issue Creating Firehose Trace with rabbitmq_trace

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Oct 3 16:50:41 BST 2012

On 03/10/12 16:22, Arun Horne wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Rabbit Version: 2.8.2
>
> I have created a new virtual host 'X', and a user with admin permissions
> for it. I am logged into the admin too and go to 'Tracing' (as
> rabbitmq_tracing plugin). I attempt to enable a new trace for virtual
> host 'X' and I see a message saying there has been an error and to check
> the logs. The exact steps work for virtual host '/' but not my new
> virtual host 'X'. The logs show the following, can anyone point me in
> the right direction please - I'm not sure why access is being refused.

Hmm, this is maybe not very well documented. The rabbitmq_tracing plugin
needs a user to use to publish the messages that it uses internally. If
you haven't told it otherwise, it will use "guest". If "guest" won't
work, you'll need to add something like:

{rabbitmq_tracing, [{username, <<"my-user">>}]},

to your config.

http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-tracing/file/859ae4fb4875/README

Cheers, Simon

--