[rabbitmq-discuss] Messages bigger than 150kb

Thomas Spycher thomas.spycher at tech.swisssign.com
Wed Oct 3 15:20:17 BST 2012

Hi

I'm new to RabbitMQ. I'm using RabbitMQ for an project which does some magic stuff with mails. An mail gets put into the queue on arrival and processed on other systems.
An Mail can be between some KB and several MB of size. later is not very often.
I've recognized, that the time to put the mail in the queue takes much longer if its passes the size of 150kb. Below it takes about 0.02 seconds and above more than 1.0 sec. I checked already the frame_size option with no effect. I'm pretty sure i'm doing something wrong. Any hint would be helpful.

Thanks

Tom