[rabbitmq-discuss] Channel Name displayed in the Visualiser

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Oct 1 14:54:29 BST 2012

On 01/10/12 09:47, Gotthard, Petr wrote:
> Hello, The rabbitmq_management_visualiser shows a list of channels.
> Usually the text (Channel Name) displayed is something like
> "10.10.10.51:48482 ->  192.168.0.21:5672 (3)". Is there a way how to
> e.g. display a (reverse DNS) hostname instead of IP address, or
> otherwise make the displayed Channel Name more user/audience
> friendly?

Not at the moment - it's been on the wishlist for some time.

One complicating factor is that reverse DNS isn't always very reliable
or fast. It might still happen at some point though.

> On one machine and for some channels only we see a Node
> Name displayed instead.

Those would presumably be direct connections from the Erlang client?

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware