[rabbitmq-discuss] x-received-from headers with the Shovel plugin...

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Nov 30 10:14:07 GMT 2012

Yes, that makes sense. Although there is a philosophical difference here
- federation is designed to be opinionated, and shovel was designed not
to be. Although I wouldn't mind making shovel a bit more opinionated.

Note that you *can* add your own headers during shovelling with the
'publish_properties' config item.

Cheers, Simon

On 29/11/12 13:59, David Buckingham wrote:
> As a feature request, it would be nice if the Shovel plugin would add an
> x-received-from header to a message, similar to the Federation plugin,
> such that a consumer at the destination would know the source of the
> message.
>
> In the meantime, is there a way in which a client can set this?  For
> example, if I’m trying to publish a test message using the Web UI, what
> format is required for the header value?
>
> *David Buckingham*
>
> Cloud Development
>
> *502-213-7704 O*
>
> **