[rabbitmq-discuss] Changing SockJS URL used in iframe mode

Adam Ashley aashley at adamashley.name
Fri Nov 30 02:11:51 GMT 2012

I'm trying to make use of the Web STOMP plugin with RabbitMQ 3.0.0 and am
running into a problem with using the CDN hosted versions of sockjs.js as
used within the iframe comms mode.

Our production sites are deployed with no or minimal internet access so
relying on files hosted on the internet for a critical component like the
message queue connectivity is a none starter. Unfortunately I also need to
support some legacy clients where the iframe options are the only reliable
connection method.

Looking into the source code for the module I came up with the following
config file that as far as I could tell should change it use an internally
hosted version of sockjs.

[
    {sockjs, [
        {sockjs_url, "http://host.internal/htmlUi/js/sockjs.js"}
    ]}
].

However it doesn't seem to work. In place of sockjs I've tried sockjs,
sockjs_handler, rabbitmq_sockjs and rabbitmq_sockjs_handler none of them
work. Can someone point out what I'm missing?

TIA
Adam Ashley