[rabbitmq-discuss] Hi, question about Scheduled Message Delivery

Randall Richard randall at trellisapp.com
Thu Nov 29 13:23:19 GMT 2012

Regarding the caveats and triggering expiry only on a message at the head
of the queue, are there plans to support message expiration independent of
position in queue?

Just to clarify on the current 3.0 implementation, if I understand this
correctly, this means that if I have two unconsumed messages (e.g. the
queue's consumer has disappeared for several minutes) where the first
message has no TTL and the second has a 5 second TTL, this 5 second TTL
message will not be dead lettered until the non-TTL message is consumed?

Thanks,

-Randall