[rabbitmq-discuss] The rabbitmq-server stop command hangs

Elizabeth Liao eliao at seegrid.com
Wed Nov 28 19:45:12 GMT 2012

I've attached the rabbitmq.config, rabbit.log, rabbit-sasl.log of the node that we're running.

> Are you clustered (I'm assuming yes) and have you got some mirrored queues set up (also assuming yes)?
We don't have clustering set up so no mirrored queues either.

> And can you get the shovel status ("rabbitmqctl eval
'rabbit_shovel_status:status().'") at the time the shutdown is hanging?

# rabbitmqctl eval 'rabbit_shovel_status:status().'
[{shovelB_realtime,starting,{{2012,11,28},{14,9,20}}},
 {shovelB,starting,{{2012,11,28},{14,9,20}}},
 {shovelA,
     {running,
         {source,
             {amqp_params_direct,<<"guest">>,none,<<"/">>,rabbit at TEST2,
                 none,[]}},
         {destination,
             {amqp_params_network,<<"user1">>,<<"pass1">>,<<"/">>,
                 "server.local",undefined,0,0,5,infinity,none,
                 [#Fun<amqp_uri.7.123484526>,#Fun<amqp_uri.7.123484526>],
                 [],[]}}},
     {{2012,11,28},{14,9,25}}}]
...done.