[rabbitmq-discuss] unable to connect to node

Tim Watson tim at rabbitmq.com
Wed Nov 28 18:21:15 GMT 2012

I seem to remember having problems when using the init.d script directly rather than `/sbin/service rabbitmq-server start` although that may have been to do with the account from which I ran it the first time. Anyway, are you sure that the rabbitmq-server process is running? You should see an instance of 'beam.smp' when running `ps` if it is, or alternatively you can run `epmd -names` as any user to see which erlang nodes are up and running.

Cheers,
Tim