[rabbitmq-discuss] Separate authorization mechanisms for SSL and non-SSL?

michi.oshima moshima at advent.com
Mon Nov 26 20:55:56 GMT 2012

Hi,

I would like to configure my RabbitMQ server so that:

1. SSL connection (port: 5671) would authenticate user with EXTERNAL only
(to use rabbitmq_auth_mechanism_ssl plugin).
2. Non-SSL connection (port: 5672) would authenticate user with another
method, for example PLAIN.

Why would I want this?  I'm trying to use SSL port for "external" connection
(e.g., WAN).  While at the same time "local" connection can be made to
non-SSL port.

Is above possible?  If so, how would I configure my RabbitMQ?

Thanks,

Michi Oshima