[rabbitmq-discuss] Crash when purging or deleting a queue with 10k messages

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Thu Nov 22 15:52:18 GMT 2012

Sidnei,

On 22/11/12 15:06, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> We're currently experiencing a crash while trying to either purge or
> delete a persistent queue that's not in use anymore but contains about
> 10k messages still.

Thanks for reporting this and including all the logs etc. This looks
like a bug - the queue asks the message store to remove its messages but
for some reason the message store knows nothing about them.

> I'm tempted to upgrade to 3.0.x to see if the problem goes away

We haven't seen this bug before. Nor have we touched the code in that
area since 2.8.4. So I'm afraid an upgrade is unlikely to improve matters.

Btw, are you saying that after restarting the broker, a renewed attempt
at purging the queue fails again? If so then it would be incredibly
useful if you sent us a copy of the entire rabbitmq mnesia dir (usually
under /var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/<nodename>) since that should allow us to
reproduce the problem.

Regards,

Matthias.