[rabbitmq-discuss] Problems bulding plugins (Windows)

Christian Bick Christian.Bick at zanox.com
Thu Nov 22 11:13:52 GMT 2012

Hi everybody,

I am trying to build a plugin for the management-agent. My plan was to clone the management-visualiser and to develope from there on.

Unfortunately, I am already failing very early when trying to build the existing management-visualiser (and any other RabbitMQ plugin) under Windows 7 64-Bit with GNU Make 2.81.

I followed the instructions described in the RabbitMQ in Action book (Chapter 12.2.1) and installed Mercurial, Python and the Windows version of GNU Make 2.81 (gnuwin32).

I checked out the umbrella via Mercurial from http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-public-umbrella/) and successfully performed make co on the umbrella project.

If I then switch to any of the checked out plugin directories and run make there, I get the following error message:

D:\oss\rabbitmq-public-umbrella\rabbitmq-stomp>make
Input file specified two times.

../common.mk:9: *** GNU make version 3.81 required.  Stop.

But executing make –version returns:

D:\oss\rabbitmq-public-umbrella>make -version
GNU Make 3.81
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

This program built for i386-pc-mingw32

Is there a known issue when building under Windows? Could there be a problem with validation of the Make version under Windows?

Thanks for your help!

Greetings
Chris

[disclaimer logo: ZANOX.de AG]

STRAIGHT TO PERFORMANCE

ZANOX.de AG | Headquarters: Berlin AG Charlottenburg | HRB 75459 | VAT identification number: DE 209981705
Executive Board: Philipp Justus (CEO) | Stefanie Lüdecke (CSO) | Joachim Piroth (CFO) | Christian Rebernik (CTO)
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Ralph Büchi

[campaign banner: marketplace]<https://auth.zanox.com/login?classiclogin=0>

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail from your system.
Any other use, copying, disclosure or distribution is strictly forbidden.

[100 Partnerprogramme 2012]