[rabbitmq-discuss] message broadcasting in rabbitmq

Jonas Schwertfeger jschwertfeger at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 14:49:47 GMT 2012

In general I'd use a fanout exchange for broadcasting.

As for your message transmission concerns: If you're worried about network
traffic you could run a local RabbitMQ server on the machine with the 1000
consumers, have the consumers bind to a fanout exchange on that local
server, and use RabbitMQ's shovel plugin
(http://www.rabbitmq.com/shovel.html) to consume the message in question
from your main, remote broker and to publish it into your local fanout
exchange. You'll only have one message on the wire then and you'll
distribute it locally to 1000 consumers.

-Jonas