[rabbitmq-discuss] Once again: big, big trouble attempting a clean reinstall

Pollard, James Jim.Pollard at QinetiQ-NA.com
Wed Nov 21 15:08:31 GMT 2012

Matthias, thanks so much for your patient attempts to help.

Another poster on the mailing list (Emile Joubert) turned out to have the solution:

"...remove all
registry keys under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Ericsson/Erlang/ErlSrv. Then install
Erlang and the broker."

This may be a valuable addition to the troubleshooting guide for windows users.  I'm guessing that it may
ultimately be possible to modify the windows uninstaller to remove these keys (there's a "RabbitMQ" key under
HKLM/SOFTWARE/Ericson/Erlang/ErlSrv/1.1, and it may suffice to delete just that one.)

Thanks once again, I will return to the task I originally set out for (configuring RabbitMQ for one way SSL).
I will experiment with this before I bother you again!

thanks again

jimp