[rabbitmq-discuss] stomp rpc client

Julio Polo julio at hawaii.edu
Tue Nov 20 20:02:26 GMT 2012

I usually avoid RPC, so I can't help you there.

As for using Perl with RabbitMQ, we have been using a locally patched
version of AnyEvent::RabbitMQ fronted by a friendlier
RabbitMessaging.pm module.  You can get the patch and module from:

https://www.hawaii.edu/bwiki/display/UHIAM/Download

We haven't encountered any problems publishing messages to a topic
exchange.  There are some issues with the asynchronous nature of the
consume() method, so we've been consuming one message at a time using
the get_message() method.   We are just starting with a couple of
exchanges and queues, so the most this module has been stressed is
during an initial load of about 8000 messages, which it handled fine.

Julio Polo
University of Hawaii