[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq management plugin installation/set up question

Peterson, Stephen Stephen_Peterson at cable.comcast.com
Tue Nov 20 19:53:55 GMT 2012

I'm sure this is old hat for some of you. But I am having issues getting the rabbitmq management console/portal/plugin to work.

I followed the online instructions at http://www.rabbitmq.com/management.html

I enabled the plugin

rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management

The return message said that there were no changes as it obviously was already installed. I see it in the
plugins directory actually: rabbitmq_management-2.8.7.ez as well as the mochiweb and other management ez
files

I restarted the RabbitMQ service just to be sure.

I then navigated to http://localhost:15672/ and I cannot connect.

Since this is using mochiweb server and has nothing to do with an existing server I have installed
what could the problem be? There appears to be no other mandatory changes to make.

I scrolled down to the configuration discussion on the RabbitMQ site
and changed my C:\Program Files (x86)\RabbitMQ Server\rabbitmq_server-2.8.7\ebin\rabbit_app.ini
file to look something like the following:

{application, rabbit,           %% -*- erlang -*-
 [{description, "RabbitMQ"},
  {id, "RabbitMQ"},
  {vsn, "2.8.7"},
  {modules, []},
  {registered, [rabbit_amqqueue_sup,
                rabbit_log,
                rabbit_node_monitor,
                rabbit_router,
                rabbit_sup,
                rabbit_tcp_client_sup,
                rabbit_direct_client_sup]},
  {applications, [kernel, stdlib, sasl, mnesia, os_mon]},
%% we also depend on crypto, public_key and ssl but they shouldn't be
%% in here as we don't actually want to start it
  {mod, {rabbit, []}},
  {rabbitmq_management,
        [ {http_log_dir,"C:/Program Files (x86)/RabbitMQ Server/rabbitmq_server-2.8.7/logs"} ] },
  {rabbitmq_management_agent,
        [ {force_fine_statistics, true} ] },
  {env, [{hipe_compile, false},
         {tcp_listeners, [5672]},
         {collect_statistics_interval, 10000},
         {ssl_listeners, []},
         {ssl_options, []},
         {vm_memory_high_watermark, 0.4},
         {disk_free_limit, 1000000000}, %% 1GB
         {msg_store_index_module, rabbit_msg_store_ets_index},
         {backing_queue_module, rabbit_variable_queue},
         {frame_max, 131072},
         {msg_store_file_size_limit, 16777216},
         {queue_index_max_journal_entries, 262144},
         {default_user, <<"guest">>},
         {default_pass, <<"guest">>},
         {default_user_tags, [administrator]},
         {default_vhost, <<"/">>},
         {default_permissions, [<<".*">>, <<".*">>, <<".*">>]},
         {cluster_nodes, []},
         {server_properties, []},
         {collect_statistics, none},
         {collect_statistics_interval, 5000},
         {auth_mechanisms, ['PLAIN', 'AMQPLAIN']},
         {auth_backends, [rabbit_auth_backend_internal]},
         {delegate_count, 16},
         {trace_vhosts, []},
         {log_levels, [{connection, info}]},
         {ssl_cert_login_from, distinguished_name},
         {tcp_listen_options, [binary,
                               {packet,        raw},
                               {reuseaddr,     true},
                               {backlog,       128},
                               {nodelay,       true},
                               {linger,        {true, 0}},
                               {exit_on_close, false}]}
         ]}]}.

I restarted the RabbitMQ service and still cannot access the web page. I don't see an error log either.

Thanks,