[rabbitmq-discuss] Nagios plugins fail with RabbitMQ 3.0.0

Henri Pipe henri.pipe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 19:18:38 GMT 2012

Just installed RabbitMQ 3.0.0 from 2.8.7.

All of my previously working nagios plugins are now failing with "Received
500 Read Timeout"

The management interface comes up fine and all looks correct.

e.g.

 /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_rabbitmq_aliveness -p <password> -H
<ip-address>
RABBITMQ_ALIVENESS CRITICAL - Received 500 read timeout for vhost: /

/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_rabbitmq_server -p <password> -H <ip-address>
RABBITMQ_SERVER CRITICAL - Received 500 read timeout for path: nodes/pipe at 10

I use the following rabbitmq nagios plugins:

# 'check_rabbitmq_server' command definition
define command{
    command_name    check_rabbitmq_server
    command_line    $USER1$/check_rabbitmq_server -p $ARG1$ -H $ARG2$
    }

# 'check_rabbitmq_broker' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_rabbitmq_broker
        command_line    $USER1$/check_rabbitmq_server -p $ARG1$ -H
$HOSTNAME$
        }

# 'check_rabbitmq_aliveness' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_rabbitmq_aliveness
        command_line    $USER1$/check_rabbitmq_aliveness -p $ARG1$ -H
$HOSTADDRESS$
        }

# 'check_rabbitmq_objects' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_rabbitmq_objects
        command_line    $USER1$/check_rabbitmq_objects -p $ARG1$ -H
$HOSTADDRESS$
        }

# 'check_rabbitmq_overview' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_rabbitmq_overview
        command_line    $USER1$/check_rabbitmq_overview -p $ARG1$ -H
$HOSTADDRESS$
        }

# 'check_rabbitmq_queue' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_rabbitmq_queue
        command_line    $USER1$/check_rabbitmq_queue -p $ARG1$ -H
$HOSTADDRESS$

They are all failing in the same manner. "500 Read Timeout"

I could not find anything about this in the 3.0.0 release notes.

Thanks

Henri Pipe
henri.pipe at gmail.com