[rabbitmq-discuss] is RabbitMQ a good choice for a small-scale multiplayer game server?

SIMATIC Michel michel.simatic at telecom-sudparis.eu
Tue Nov 20 09:45:23 GMT 2012

Hi George,

About your fear that RabbitMQ may be overkill for your needs, I would
answer that RabbitMQ saves you a lot of time, especially when you start
dealing with "rare" cases (which turn to be frequent in production),
that is for example disconnections...

FYI, with colleagues, we have developed, on top of RabbitMQ, a layer
called ZebroGaMQ (https://github.com/simatic/ZebroGaMQ). Here are its
features:
- Creation and join of game sessions,
- Sending messages to a single player or to all players,
- Client-server or peer-to-peer game logic,
- Server coding done in Python,
- Client coding done in Java or Javascript,
- LGPL license.
Maybe it can help you?

Best regards,

Michel