[rabbitmq-discuss] Send same message to ALL workers at once?

Matthew Young mabufo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 22:32:30 GMT 2012

Hello all, I am reading through the rabbitMQ tutorial, and I've reached the
"Round Robin Dispatching" section in the 2nd tutorial. I was able to create
multiple "workers" and any messages added to the queue they were both
looking at would be spread out between them. I was wondering if there was a
way to force a message to be sent to all workers reading from a particular
queue? It appears that  the message is "removed" from the queue once a
worker gets it, but I'd like all workers looking at a queue to read the
message. I was also considering, as perhaps a better way of achieving the
above,  having each worker listen to a unique queue so I could tell each
worker what to do specifically - is this a common rabbitMQ idiom?

Thank you.