[rabbitmq-discuss] plugin debug in linux

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Nov 16 14:59:53 GMT 2012

On 16/11/12 12:04, Prabodh Upreti wrote:
> I am trying to debug my plugin in linux and know where I need to look for
> the .debug file. I see the documentation in windows.  Is there a flag I need
> to turn on?  thank you.

Umm, .debug file? What is that?

On 16/11/12 12:25, Prabodh Upreti wrote:
> Also, how can I view the console output so I can debug the plugin.  I
> remember at one time starting  rmq  as rabbitmq-server start  and it would
> start displaying all the output on the console.  Any plugin call that are
> called I could see the io.format calls on the screen.  Can't do that now.
> It fires it off and exist out.  thank you.

You should just be able to run "sudo rabbitmq-server" assuming you have
installed from .deb or .rpm, and have stopped the service first.

But if you have a plugin development environment, you make find it
easier to invoke "make run-in-broker" in your plugin directory - this
will fire up a broker with your plugin installed and enabled.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware