[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq_auth_mechanism_ssl and shovel

michi.oshima moshima at advent.com
Thu Nov 15 20:35:54 GMT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to use *rabbitmq_auth_mechanism_ssl* and *shovel* plugins
together.  I haven't been able to put them together successfully, and so I'm
asking for help here.

I have two RabbitMQ server instances, A and B.  The shovel plugin is enabled
on A to shovel messages down from B.  I would like to set things up so that
B would authenticate A's shovel connection via A's certificate a la
rabbitmq_auth_mechanism_ssl.

I've enabled rabbitmq_auth_mechanism_ssl on B by issuing the following
command:

Then I edited rabbit.config and restarted B.

Here are the contents of rabbit.config file for B:

Here's a relevant part of A's rabbitmq.config file (I've manually changed
names of things (user name, exchnage name, etc) to something generic; I've
also split the URI to multiple lines artificially):

Here are the errors I get.  Note I had to manually change names of exchange,
server name, etc., to avoid revealing too much information.