[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ as communication server for mobile devices

m.luchak at smartasking.com m.luchak at smartasking.com
Thu Nov 15 11:44:36 GMT 2012

"If heartbeats are enabled on a connection, the server periodically sends heartbeat frames to the client and waits for its response.  The heartbeat frames are effectively empty messages.  If either side misses a certain number of heartbeats, the connection is closed.  This is usually used to a) check that the other side is still online and hasn't crashed without closing the connection or the socket and b) to bypass certain routing devices that timeout a connection due to inactivity. "