[rabbitmq-discuss] Unacked msgs in Dureable Q

m.luchak at smartasking.com m.luchak at smartasking.com
Wed Nov 14 11:48:38 GMT 2012

Morning All,

A quick question about unacked msgs.  Running rabbit server 2.8.6 and a java client our flow is to first receive msgs from a durable Q with autoack false and then ack specific msgs at a later date based on the deliveryTag.

 qConsumer.getChannel().basicAck(msg.getDeliveryTag(), false);

This "seems" to be working fine but the msgs are remaining Unacked....  Could this be because it is not always the same consumer that first received the msgs that is doing the acking?  I imagine that this is something that I should be concerned about - surely this will affect performance.. Any hints on how to do this "correctly"?

thanks all,
Matthew