[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit MQ Java Client Dev Env

Jerry Kuch jerryk at rbcon.com
Tue Nov 13 16:32:32 GMT 2012

Hi, Myles:

You're getting closer.  If you do an 'ant -p' you'll see:

[jerryk at strongmad .../co/rabbitmq-umbrella/rabbitmq-java-client]$ ant -p
Buildfile: /Users/jerryk/co/rabbitmq-umbrella/rabbitmq-java-client/build.xml

Main targets:

 amqp-generate        generate AMQP.java and AMQImpl.java from AMQP spec
 amqp-generate-check  check if codegen needs to be run
 build                Build the client library.
 maven-bundle         This creates a bundle to upload to the central maven
repo
 test-client          Run the client test suites.
 test-functional      Run the functional test suite.
 test-suite           Run all test suites.
Default target: build

That amqp-generate will need to happen, to mechanically produce a bunch of
AMQP boilerplate from the spec.  Once that stuff appears, and you tell
IntelliJ where it is, you'll be able to navigate within the IDE as it it
was regular, plain old, lovingly human written code...

Best regards,
Jerry