[rabbitmq-discuss] Support for AMQP 0.10 and 1.0 versions

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Nov 12 17:11:03 GMT 2012

On 12/11/12 13:50, Eduardo de Vera Toquero wrote:
> Currently, if I am not mistaken, RabbitMQ supports 0.9.1, 0.9 and 0.8 versions.

Correct.

> Is there any plan to support newer versions such as 0.10 or 1.0 (now that it is final)?

Minor quibble: 0.10 is older than 0.9.1. I know, it looks like it
shouldn't be :-)

We are definitely not going to support 0.10. It's similar to neither
0.9.1 nor 1.0, and the only other product that supports it is Qpid, and
AFAICS they are moving away from it towards 1.0. So it feels like a dead
end.

We might support 1.0 in the future, largely depending on how much demand
for it materialises. It's worth bearing in mind that 1.0 is a very
different beast from 0.9.1, with very different goals, so it's not the
obvious upgrade from 0.9.1 that it sounds like.

If we do support it, we will treat it as essentially another protocol in
the same vein as STOMP and MQTT. So AMQP 0.9.1 support is not going away
any time soon.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen