[rabbitmq-discuss] Upgrading erlang, rabbitmq in a cluster.

Jean Paul Galea ninuhadida at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 11:32:52 GMT 2012

Hi,

We plan on deploying a RabbitMQ cluster on two ubuntu machines,
consisting of two nodes in active/active mode with durable, mirrored
queues and persistent messages.

We'll use these APT repositories to install esl-erlang (current v.
R15B02) and rabbitmq-server (current v 2.8.7);

deb http://www.rabbitmq.com/debian/ testing main
deb http://binaries.erlang-solutions.com/debian squeeze contrib

The question is, how do we keep these two nodes up to date with the
latest versions, without suffering downtime?

In particular, from the docs and mailing list I came across these two
points;

- All nodes in a cluster must be running the same Erlang and RabbitMQ
versions.

- Seems like RabbitMQ v2.8.7 supports rolling upgrades.

Thank you for your time,

Jean Paul