[rabbitmq-discuss] .NET client - prefetch issue

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Mon Nov 12 11:32:11 GMT 2012

Hi,

On 09/11/12 16:48, Just Looking wrote:

> I am having trouble getting the QOS to work. In a scenario where I have
> published lots of large messages to a queue, the consumer is still
> getting a large number of messages and eventually running out of memory
> (as the messages are around 7MB each) before it sends the ack.
>
> I think i have configured to channel QOS correctly, but no matter what i
> set it to it seems to always prefetch whatever exists on the queue.

I'm not able to reproduce this problem. You can inspect the number of
unacknowledged messages using the management plugin or with this
command: "rabbitmqctl list_queues name messages_unacknowledged"
The number of unacknowledged messages should not exceed the QoS prefetch
count (1 in your case, assuming you only have 1 channel open). Are you
seeing a number higher than 1?

-Emile