[rabbitmq-discuss] HTTP api not starting

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Nov 9 10:44:21 GMT 2012

Hmm. If the broker can't listen on the socket then it should refuse to
start.

On the broken machine, does "rabbitmq-plugins list" show all the plugins
with rabbitmq_management enabled?

Do you see the plugin being activated in /var/log/rabbitmq/startup_log?

Cheers, Simon

On 09/11/12 00:30, wesm wrote:
> I have rmq installed on two servers. On one, a production linux box, the HTTP
> api and rabbitmqadmin work fine. On the other, a VMware sandbox, the broker
> is running, but not listening on 55672. These are both "stock"
> installations, and /etc/rabbitmq contains an enabled-plugins file with the
> single entry
> [rabbitmq_management].
>
> I only see INFO messages in the log files.
>
> Any clues to help debug would be much appreciated. In particular, if there's
> something in the initialization sequence that could fail here, that would
> give me things to check.
>

> --

Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware