[rabbitmq-discuss] pika queue_declare() will not allow me to create Q name automatically

Gavin M. Roy gmr at meetme.com
Fri Nov 9 00:20:28 GMT 2012

Is due to an unintentional API change in 0.9.6.  Pass an empty string ('')
until 0.9.7.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 8, 2012, at 5:57 PM, scott taggart <taggart at taggarts.org> wrote:

I am running pika 0.9.6.  I am trying to call queue_declare() with no queue
name as shown the the tutorial 3 python demo at the rabittmq site to have
an auto-generated Q name.  The method does not accept no queue name so I
have tried passing 0, None, etc. and I keep getting an exception regarding
the non-string value for the Q name.  What value can I pass in to cause the
Q name to be auto-generated?