[rabbitmq-discuss] ewbie question - need modified fanaout/publish/subscribe behavior

scott taggart taggart at taggarts.org
Thu Nov 8 22:41:43 GMT 2012

Matthias,

Thanks for the response.  Short story is that I have not crossed the
bridge of "forgetting" about messages in my message queuing server.  I
will figure that out, eventually.  It may not be a problem because the
message Q server only has to run a limited amount of time...

Hey, unrelated question - I cannot get the python pika queue_declare
method to accept an empty queue name so that the q name is
auto-generated.  I looked for issues with this online and could not find
any.  The python demo 3 sample, for example,  at the rabbitmq site shows
queue_declare as taking no queue parameter yet the current 0.9.6
function demands a queue parameter. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Scott