[rabbitmq-discuss] Two-way federation?

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Nov 8 16:09:42 GMT 2012

On 08/11/12 14:22, michi.oshima wrote:
> Simon MacMullen-2 wrote
>> Hi.
>>
>> You need to configure both exchanges to have the other one as an upstream.
>
> Yes, I understand.

Ah, right.

> But what if A is inside a corporate firewall and B is outside, and client
> connection from B to A is not allowed?  This would make it impossible to set
> up the exchange in A as upstream.

I see the problem, but it's not going to get fixed quickly I'm afraid. A
lot of how federation works is tied to the idea that the downstream is
an AMQP client, and the upstream an AMQP server.

Hmm, that gives me an idea though - reverse AMQP. Hmm.

> And say B is going to be the center of a star network, and we don't want to
> reconfigure B every time a new node ("A") is added?

This will at least be less painful in 3.0...

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware