[rabbitmq-discuss] WinXP Embedded - Interactive Server works, Service does not.

Daniel Lewis DanielLewis at Ticketmaster.com
Tue Nov 6 01:10:42 GMT 2012

Matthias,

> Right, but why would the output redirection cause a "system cannot find
> the file specified" message? I can't see anything wrong with the output
> redirection. Can you? Does it work for ordinary commands, e.g. "dir
> 2>NUL 1>NUL"?

[Daniel Lewis]

Yes, I get the same message for "dir 2>NUL 1>NUL"

It looks like I misspoke before.  I get this message on the WinXP Embedded machine, and also in my XP virtual machine that I was testing, but not on the Windows 7 machine.

> > When I do a rabbitmq-service.bat list, it shows me this:
> >
> > "c:\progra~1\ticketmaster\tmds\erlang\erts-5.9.2\bin\erlsrv" list
> > RabbitMQ Service name: RabbitMQ
> > StopAction:
> > OnFail: ignore
> > Machine: c:\progra~1\ticketmaster\tmds\erlang\erts-5.9.2\bin\erl.exe
> > WorkDir:
> > SName: RabbitMQ
> > DebugType: none
> > Args:
> > InternalServiceName: RabbitMQ01cdbba1e5d12470
> > Comment:
> > Env:
>
> You got the above after running "rabbitmq-service.bat remove" followed
> by "rabbitmq-server.bat install"?

[Daniel Lewis]

Yes, that's correct.

> I wonder whether it's unhappy about the long, non-DOS-y paths. You may
> want to experiment with your env var settings s.t. the expanded command
> line above only has very short paths in it. e.g. "C:\RabbitMQ" instead
> of "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\RabbitMQ".

[Daniel Lewis]

I just tried this, by setting %RABBITMQ_BASE% = C:\RabbitMQ
After I installed the service, the results from "list" were identical. I tried running it, with the same results, so I checked in C:\RabbitMQ and I see it created the "db" subdirectory, but there are no logs generated.  So the behavior is the same as before I changed the RABBITMQ_BASE directory.

Regards,

Daniel