[rabbitmq-discuss] WinXP Embedded - Interactive Server works, Service does not.

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Mon Nov 5 21:21:30 GMT 2012

Daniel,

On 05/11/12 20:24, Daniel Lewis wrote:
> My suspicion is that only the output redirect is failing, but the
> command is succeeding.

Why would that be?

>> I'd like to see the *whole* 'set' (not 'add') command.
>>
> [Daniel Lewis]
>
> Here is the output from "set" at the end of the rabbitmq-service.bat
> (on an install)

I meant the 'erlsrv set' near the end of the script here:

http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-server/file/2da625c0a436/scripts/rabbitmq-service.bat#l220

i.e. I want to see what that entire command line looks like
when the script is invoked as "rabbitmq-service.bat install"

My suspicion is that something is going wrong in the substitutions,
causing that erlsrv invocation to be truncated.

> From my Windows 7 install:
>
> C:\Source\ccp\common_client_platform\tmds\TMDS_Third_Party\rabbitmq\sbin>rabbitmq-service.bat
> list [...]

That looks reasonable. And when compared with the output posted
previously from the WinXP-embedded box it is evident that the latter is
missing the vast majority of settings. So clearly something is going
very wrong with the service installation.

Just to make sure this wasn't a one off, if you run
   rabbitmq-service.bat remove
followed by
   rabbitmq-service.bat install
does
   rabbitmq-service.bat list

still show a mostly empty service definition?

Regards,

Matthias.