[rabbitmq-discuss] WinXP Embedded - Interactive Server works, Service does not.

Daniel Lewis DanielLewis at Ticketmaster.com
Sat Nov 3 00:25:14 GMT 2012

Yes, c:\progra~1\ticketmaster\tmds\erlang\bin exists.  Just to be sure, I installed Microsoft's Redistributable Package (to install all the runtime objects), but that did not fix it.

Also, I tried with older versions of Erlang ( R15B01, R14B04, R14B02, R14B_erts-5.8.1.1, and R13B04 ), with no success.

Best Regards,
Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon MacMullen [mailto:simon at rabbitmq.com]
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2012 4:07 AM
To: Daniel Lewis
Cc: Discussions about RabbitMQ
Subject: Re: [rabbitmq-discuss] WinXP Embedded - Interactive Server works, Service does not.

On 01/11/12 17:32, Daniel Lewis wrote:
> I installed erlang like this:
> otp_win32_R15B02.exe  /S  /D={my directory name}

Oh, hang on.

The Erlang people managed to release an initial Windows build of R15B02 which did not install the MSVCR100 runtime. As a consequence the Erlang install looked like it succeeded but was in fact broken. This might explain what you're seeing.

You can tell if this happened since C:\Program Files\erl5.9.2\bin does not exist.

Oh, I see you installed to a different location - does c:\progra~1\ticketmaster\tmds\erlang\bin exist?

If you are in this situation, then please uninstall Erlang and reinstall with  otp_win32_R15B02_with_MSVCR100_installer_fix.exe from http://www.erlang.org/download.html.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen