[rabbitmq-discuss] Increase no of Socket Descriptor in RabbitMQ

Emile Joubert emile at rabbitmq.com
Thu Nov 1 11:23:35 GMT 2012

Hi Varun,

On 01/11/12 11:01, varun seth wrote:
> After doing the changes we have rebooted the system. So is there any
> other possibilites for not being reflecting those property in RabbitMQ
> admin console.

You can repeat the procedure that the broker followed to obtain the
limit by running this command:

rabbitmqctl eval 'proplists:get_value(max_fds,
erlang:system_info(check_io)).'

You should get the same value by running this as the rabbitmq user:
ulimit -n

If these values are not what you expect then check the limits.conf man page.

-Emile