[rabbitmq-discuss] erlang-rfc4627-wrapper and httpd.hrl

Tony Garnock-Jones tonygarnockjones+rabbitmq at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 21:41:01 BST 2012

Thanks for the report! I've updated the "smart" logic in the makefile; see
https://github.com/tonyg/erlang-rfc4627/commit/0ad522600c1354a8f811906d23748ea2ed3c5c67.
I am guessing that Simon (presumably) will now need to update the RabbitMQ
wrapper for the library.

I actually downloaded the OTP git repo from github, and used (for the first
time) git bisect to discover exactly when various paths to httpd.hrl came
and went :-) so I learned something from the experience...

I've lightly tested the change. I'm downloading R12B-5 now to see if it
still compiles on that version.

If you try it, please let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Regards,
  Tony

On 31 March 2012 13:37, Matwey V. Kornilov <matwey.kornilov at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> rfc4627_jsonrpc_inets.erl includes httpd.hrl in a smart manner. At the same
> time (at least in my R15 erlang) src/http_server/httpd.hrl does only one
> thing:
>
> -ifndef(src_httpd_hrl).
> -define(src_httpd_hrl, true).
>
> -include_lib("inets/include/httpd.hrl").
>
> -endif. % -ifdef(src_httpd_hrl).
>

> To include inets/include/httpd.hrl instead of inets/src/httpd.hrl would
> simplify building from source and remove build-dependence on packages like
> erlang-src.

Tony Garnock-Jones
tonygarnockjones at gmail.com
http://homepages.kcbbs.gen.nz/tonyg/