[rabbitmq-discuss] pub/sub and disconnections handling

Matwey V. Kornilov matwey.kornilov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 16:20:40 BST 2012

Hi,

I can't understand some amqp concepts because they are new to me. If I use
pub/sub pattern (just as described in tutorial), there is exchange and
consumers' queues bound with it. Do I understand right that there is no way
for consumers to know whether there is client who writes to this exchange?
Moreover, there is no way to know if the publisher is dead or just there is
nothing to publish?

What is the right way to implement subscribers' behaviour such that they
move to some 'autonomous' state in case of publisher death or disconnection?