[rabbitmq-discuss] Testing Shovel on a WAN

MELIQUE Denis (MORPHO) denis.melique at morpho.com
Fri Mar 30 15:50:03 BST 2012

Hi

To investigate this I set a small client in Python (spy.py) which subscribed the same exchange as my application, and
traces some information from messages properties (code attached).
Before starting my test I run one spy.py on each end.
At the end of test I compare both information, to see if
there is a difference in the message_id sequences, or if messages have been redelivered.

I did a test first with the local broker clustered (as before):
- then I have a different sequence in messages
- but there is no redelivered messages

Then I suspected that my problem could be in relation with the cluster configuration (why not),
So I reconfigured the local end with a single node (no more cluster), leaving the remote end clustered.
- then I could not reproduce the difference in message_id sequences

May be I did something wrong when configuring Shovel with my local cluster ?
What I did is :
- set a two node cluster on local end
- Have the Shovel plug-In configured on both nodes
  Each node has its one Shovel setting, with similar parameters except "sources [broker..]" and "destinations [broker...]",
  That are specific to the node.
  On each node I have defined one source broker and one destination broker.

- set a two node cluster on remote end, without Shovel setting.

I am wondering if this is correct with clusters ?

However, everything is working fine, when the WAN network is good enough.

Any Idea ?

Thank's a lot.

Denis