[rabbitmq-discuss] Scheduled Message Delivery

James Carr james.r.carr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 07:42:19 BST 2012

Hey All,

I thought I'd share a neat "trick" I came up with lately to "schedule"
messages to be delivered at a specific duration. I had a lot of
polling going on in my application for things like scheduling
callbacks with leads and was getting sick of having to add even more
interval based polling each time a new feature came along.

So here's an example of what I'm doing to schedule messages to be
delivered at a time in the future:
https://github.com/jamescarr/rabbitmq-scheduled-delivery. It makes
interesting use of x-message-ttl and x-dead-letter-exchange. :)

Cheers,
James