[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 2.8.0 Clustering Problem

Reza Lotun rlotun at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 16:30:39 BST 2012

Hi all,

Thanks for al your replies.

On Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:13:33 AM UTC-7, Michael Bridgen wrote:

> You can test the connectivity definitively by getting a shell into each
> Erlang node and pinging the other. You need to do this while rabbit is
> stopped.
>
> E.g., on host rabbit1:
>
>      $ rabbitmqctl stop_app
>
> and on host rabbit2:
>
>      $ rabbitmqctl stop_app
>
> then on rabbit1 again:
>
>      $ erl -remsh rabbit at rabbit1 -sname r1
>      > net_adm:ping(rabbit at rabbit2).
>
> which should give you the result 'pong';
> then, on rabbit2
>
>      $ erl -remsh rabbit at rabbit2 -sname r2
>      > net_adm:ping(rabbit at rabbit1).
>
> (and again expect 'pong').

I've performed the above steps and have gotten the expected 'pong'. So, all
tests (the above and connecting via 'rabbitmqctl -n rabbit at rabbit1 status'
from rabbit2, etc) work, but clustering always gives me an error message.

I don't think it's a firewall issue if the above test worked, right?

Thanks,
Reza