[rabbitmq-discuss] Exclusive consuming with mirrored queues

Eric ejarendt at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 18:19:37 BST 2012

I recently discovered exclusive consuming, which is a wonderful thing
for my application.  I need to match up pairs of messages coming
through the queue (order doesn't matter) so it's essential that
there's no round-robin stuff happening for queue consumers.

I'm also using mirrored queues in a cluster, so I was wondering if
there would be any trouble with exclusive consuming in that
situation.  If two consumers attempt to consume exclusively from the
same mirrored queue on different broker instances in the cluster, will
the cluster still restrict to one consumer?