[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmq 2.7.1 / R14B02 crash - updates

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Mar 26 14:11:15 BST 2012

On 23/03/12 12:09, Andrei Vereha wrote:
> Why the beam process takes 1.4 Gb and the rabbitmqctl status reports
> only a few hundred Mb?
> I see the same value(raported by rabbitmqctl status) in the management
> web inteface.
> Is there a way to find where goes the memory?
> Am I using a wrong erlang version?

That's a very good question. Both rabbitmqctl status and management are
reporting on the amount of memory reported used by the Erlang VM. Which
is the same value which controls the memory alarm.

This should match up with the RSS value reported by ps. Since yours
doesn't, the best I can recommend is upgrading Erlang.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware