[rabbitmq-discuss] Is it possible to have these settings and publish to a queue that exists yet there is no consumer

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Fri Mar 23 10:48:37 GMT 2012

On 22/03/12 18:32, Dathan Pattishall wrote:
> AMQP_IMMEDIATE is the problem it would randomly drop messages. Thanks
> for making it clear for me.

Well, not randomly. "Immediate" means "if this message will not be
consumed immediately, drop it (and send me a basic.return to let me know
it happened). Therefore "immediate" messages will be dropped if there
are no consumers, *and also if the queue has length > 0*.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware