[rabbitmq-discuss] Centralized web logging options.

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Thu Mar 22 11:30:58 GMT 2012

On Sat, 2012-02-25 at 06:25 +0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
> We have a busy pool of web servers running Apache that are currently
> logging on each machine.  I'm looking at using RabbitMQ and a
> centralized log server.

A syslog -> rabbit adaptor would be nice.  But I haven't found such a
thing.

> I have no concerns about RabbitMQ handling the traffic, and no
> concerns about getting the logs into the queue.

> Anyone here doing this currently?

Currently we log to syslog and funnel all the syslog traffic to a
central syslog server.   If messages could be wrapped up as rabbitmq
message they would be easier to deal with in an intelligent manner.  On
the other hand most NMS's can do this and already have a GUI for
configuring event patterns [ZenOSS is what we use].