[rabbitmq-discuss] Autodelete queues not being deleted

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Tue Mar 20 14:32:13 GMT 2012

On 20/03/12 14:23, Dave Stevens wrote:
> I frequently notice that queues which were created with autodelete are
> not actually deleted once there are no more consumers.

Just to be absolutely clear here: you mean they had consumers once, and
then the consumers all went away? If the queue never has consumers it
will not autodelete (otherwise it would autodelete as soon as you
created it).

If you do mean that there were once consumers and the queue is still not
getting deleted, then yes, that would be wrong. We do test for this
though :-) so a test program would be helpful.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware