[rabbitmq-discuss] Monitor memory and cpu usage of RabbitMQ message broker

ajan jan.afzal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 13:44:58 GMT 2012

Thanks for the quick response Simon.

My requirement is to come up with a recommendation on how and what
memory allocation is required for RabbitMQ for our usage. I need to
get a throughput of 5000 messages/second. For this do I need to
allocate 256MB or 3GB of my RAM. And what would be the CPU utilization
when I need the broker to pass 5000 messages/second.

The RabbitMQ broker will be part of a VM that hosts services as a
result if there is need for additional memory then I need to come up
with a number that would support the throughput required. Also there
would be need of Clustering and High Availability setup.

All these can be answered if I can profile the RabbitMQ broker. What u
say?

Cheers