[rabbitmq-discuss] Manual "Failover" of Mirrored Queue

Tim Blair tim.blair at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 12:51:07 GMT 2012

Hi,

We're currently using a 2-node cluster with mirrored queues.  Consumers
connect to nodes through a load-balancer, but we quite often see a large
number of persistent (and high-volume) queues created on one node,
resulting in uneven load across the two boxes.  We're looking to find ways
to more sensibly manage the load between the two boxes without any
complicated logic or configuration within the consumers.

Assuming that a queue is in-sync across both nodes, is there any way to
manually "fail-over" a specific queue so the slave becomes that queues
master?

Thanks,

Tim.