[rabbitmq-discuss] Federation with Clusters and Load Balancers

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Mar 15 10:59:56 GMT 2012

On 14/03/12 20:34, James Carr wrote:
> I've been wondering what the "right" setup is to federate between
> clusters. Do I just setup each node in the cluster to federate with
> the upstream through the load balancer? My fear here is I'll end up
> with with all the nodes on one cluster connected to a single node
> (through the load balancer) and hence 3 sepeare queues causing
> messages to be duplicated three times! :)

You need to make sure that all nodes in the cluster have the federation
plugin enabled, and have the same configuration. The federation plugin
will then make sure that only one node establishes a link to the
upstream (which will fail over to another node if that node goes down).

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware