[rabbitmq-discuss] Good practice to work with rabbit cluster?

Jerry Kuch jerryk at vmware.com
Mon Mar 12 16:00:54 GMT 2012

Using rabbitmqctl status is one thing you could do.  The management HTTP also has
an "aliveness check" method on it that you could poke at some reasonably non
obnoxious frequency.  See here:

http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-management/raw-file/rabbitmq_v2_2_0/priv/www-api/help.html

It declares a test queue, then publishes and consumes a message, and is
expressly intended to allow monitoring tools a not too high impact way
to make sure a broker is not only up, but also not addled in some way
that is totally preventing it from doing useful messaging work.

Best regards,
Jerry