[rabbitmq-discuss] Riak <-> RabbitMQ integration

Steven Taylor taylste at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 06:36:35 GMT 2012

On 8 March 2012 17:07, Jon Brisbin <jon at jbrisbin.com> wrote:

> [...]

the Riak key, or you can specify them in a message header (X-Riak-Bucket
> and X-Riak-Key respectively).

which rabbit tag do "X-Riak-Bucket" and "X-Riak-Key" these fit inside?

> I'd love to know the relative advantages of the different NOSQL
> solutions.

> That is a very subjective topic that elicits passionate opinion on all
> sides. Good luck with that. ;)

well thanks for not kicking that can.  There are so many passionate, and
not very objective opinions out there, I got tired from just seperating
noise from signal.

Probably not a big impact either way.  Just make a reasonable choice, and
plug and play later if needs dictate.  The Rabbit integration that you've
done makes Riak a strong contender.  Thanks for making this available.

> > Last time I explored this BerkeleyDB was the solution...
> > now I don't know the space well enough to form a solid opinion.
>

> It has been a while, then! Things are much different in some ways and not
> so much in others. How's that for an informative answer? ;)

really really helpful.  Once there was "internet time", are you measuring
in NOSQL-time?  In normal time, not that long.  ;-)

cheers,
-Steven