[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ hangs, does not accept connections

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Mar 7 15:22:37 GMT 2012

On 07/03/12 08:57, Dmitri Minaev wrote:
> Yes, there's quite a lot of those 'failed to accept' messages.
> Actually, this is the second time when Rabbit stops since installation
> of that tcp_acceptor patch, and every time those messages appear in
> large number.

So there's few things going on here. The primary issue is that RabbitMQ
is running out of file descriptors due to too many connections being
opened, and for various reasons the internal accounting that is supposed
to prevent this from causing harm is getting out of sync with reality.
There are already improvements that will be coming in the next release
that will improve this situation and we have some ideas for how to fix
it altogether.

But in the meantime you should look at increasing the number of file
descriptors that are available to RabbitMQ.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware